Medical Education Administrator
The School of Medicine is currently searching for a Medical Education Administrator to provide a variety of highly responsible and complex administrative duties for the Offices of the Medical Education and Clinical Affairs at the School of Medicine. Commuting between Beirut and Byblos campuses is required.
Common Job Requirements:
- Coordinate educational activities (didactic lectures, tutorials, conference scheduling and reservation of rooms etc…) that support the program’s curriculum.
- Provide administrative support to faculty and perform various administrative tasks.
- Provide guidance to students on program procedures, rules & regulations.
- Ensure follow-up on advising program.
- Establish and disseminate annual rotations and call schedules for Med III and IV students.
- Attend all program-related meetings, assist with material preparation, and record minutes at specified committees.
- Ensure the registration of students after promotion.
- Manage administrative and planning logistics for conferences and meetings.
- Maintain databases, lists, processes, records, and other documents updated.
- Maintain and update the online courses and documents on blackboard, which include supportive material for the courses and clerkships as well as self-assessment exams when available and career advising documents.
- Manage MCQs and OSCE exams (MCQ typing and formatting, place arrangements, proctoring, preparation of exam material, etc…).
- Ensure correction of MCQs examinations.
- Compile exam bank as requested.
- Manage, arrange and maintain assessment meetings.
- Follow-up on departmental/school requests, orders, stocks, and supplies office supplies.
- Coordinate with other departments/schools on administrative and/or operational matters
- Administer assessment tools whenever applicable e.g. patient evaluation forms.
- Interact with students regarding schedule and exams concerns.
- Assist students in non-clinical activities: dorms requirements, parking, etc…
- Track Med III and IV students training time and duty hours.
- Coordinate the simulation training of Med III and IV students.
- Manage logbooks of students.
- Coordinate schedule change for Med III and IV students with affiliated clinical sites and personnel throughout the year.
- Assist clerkship directors in ensuring clerkship activities and managing teaching and evaluation.
- Perform other duties pertinent to the Position as requested
- BA/BS from a renowned university
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Highly skilled in typing, researching, and collecting data.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Knowledge of Business letter writing
- Ability to accurately respond to requests and enquiries (internal & external)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to work with diverse teams including students, staff, and faculty
- Willingness to move between campuses
CVs should be emailed to email@example.com, specifying the job title in the subject line. Please provide the exact month and year while listing your professional experience.
Closing date for applications is Monday April 20, 2015.
No applications will be accepted after this date, and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The Lebanese American University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity
The Syndicate of Hospitals vision is of a society of healthy populations where all individuals have access to a premium quality of healthcare services.
The mission of the Syndicate of Hospitals is to ensure high quality services to all individuals and to promote Lebanon as a referral center for tertiary health care in the Middle East. The syndicate represents and serves private hospitals, and works in partnership with stakeholders that are committed to improve and protect health.
Board and Administration
The General Assembly, which is composed of all the members, elects periodically an Administrative Council composed of 12 members to act as the governing body of the Syndicate of Hospitals in Lebanon. From within its members, the Administrative Council elects an Executive Committee composed of the President, the Vice-President, the Secretary and the Treasurer. There are also Standing Committees for:
- Legal studies and hospital ethics.
- Financial, economic and statistical studies.
- Information and scientific affairs.
- Professional medical and paramedical staff.
- Hospitals for long stay.
The Syndicate of Hospitals also comprises an Administration body, a Legal Counselor, a Media Consultant and a Research and development Coordinator