The Continuing Education Centre (CEC) at the American University of Beirut will be offering a four- day "Health & Safety in Healthcare Centers” training course from March 3-6, 2015. The course targets workers in Healthcare settings especially those with supervisory and/ or managerial responsibilities in Healthcare such as line managers, Head of Departments, and those delivering Education or training about Health and Safety in Healthcare settings. Having completed the course participants should be able to:
- Identify and explain the different types of hazards in a healthcare setting.
- Explain the principles and practices of risk assessment.
- Explain the general principles of control and a basic hierarchy of risk reduction measures.
- Explain what factors should be considered when developing and implementing a safe system of work for general activities.
- Identify and develop emergency procedures.
The course will consist of lectures, group work, case studies and field demonstrations. The course is being offered for the first time in Beirut.
Please find attached the course detailed brochure for your kind attention.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com, 01-749199 or 03-950707.